Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bring the Rain




"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." ~ Romans 5:2b-4

How many of us have, at one point or another, struggled with something? Maybe you've had a rough family life, or maybe you've had a fight with a friend, or there's health issues going on, or someone is in jail, and you're parents aren't perfect, or maybe, you told a little fib, or you struggle in your faith.. or maybe, you're like me and you struggle with everything. Remember, everybody struggles. You're not the only one. Even Jesus struggled.. and He is the Son of God. He allowed Himself to suffer so that Glory would be given to God. He also did this out of obedience. Jesus said "If you love me, you will obey what I command" [John 14:15] Jesus obeyed the Father, by coming down to Earth, and giving His life for us. Imagine what it would be like, to know what it's like to be in Heaven, and then, come down to Earth, for 33 years, and then die on a tree. We focus so much on what Jesus did for us - He died on the cross. However, the 33 years he spent here, we're so precious. Satan tempted Him.. Jesus resisted, but he still struggled, however, unlike us, He obeyed the father at all times, even when it came to death. Jesus struggled a lot when it came time for Him to die. He asked the Father to take his cup away from him, if it was HIS will. We always tend to think that Jesus didn't suffer as much as we do.. He took on everything. Since, we as Christians do not belong to the World, and we are evil, in the flesh alone, We're going to struggle. Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Think of it this way: We are like purified gold. Beautiful, in the beholders eyes, but to make it without flaw, it must go through the flames. What if, our troubles, and hardships were put there to help you grow and glorify God? Jesus died on the cross, and took on our battles for us. Let Him guide you. Ask Him to help you. Compared to what Jesus, the SON OF GOD, did for you, what's a little rain?


1 comment:

  1. My mom was a very wise woman. One of her comments was, "Anything that doesn't kill you will make you stronger." In the midst of all my troubles, so often I have cried out to my Father, telling him I couldn't take any more. In his comfort, he let me know I didn't have to take it alone. I could let him help me carry the burden. Time has passed, and as I look back I know without a doubt that I truly am a much stronger person because of my struggles. But I also know that I was never alone in them. Without rain...no beautiful flowers...not even a rainbow...a sign of God's eternal promises. Praise God for the rain!

    ReplyDelete